Another which harp question
SotR
2008-09-25 05:35:40 UTC
Does anyone know what key or type of harp is used for the song
"The Wizard" by Black Sabbath? I have an A,C,D and E. I can't seem
to make any of them fit the notes. The D almost works but can't get
all the notes. I know they do a lot in "Drop D" tuning if that has anything
to do with it.
Here is a YouTube link if you are not familiar with the song. The Harmonica
riff is right off the bat.
Thanks.

SotR

Harpman
2008-09-25 16:02:07 UTC
Post by SotR
Does anyone know what key or type of harp is used for the song
"The Wizard" by Black Sabbath? I have an A,C,D and E. I can't seem
to make any of them fit the notes. The D almost works but can't get
all the notes. I know they do a lot in "Drop D" tuning if that has anything
to do with it.
Here is a YouTube link if you are not familiar with the song. The Harmonica
riff is right off the bat.
Thanks.
SotR
http://youtu.be/MeZ8uVIOIhM
The song is played in the key of A. I suffered all the way through it
with a D harp,playing second position, and it worked completely. Allen
SotR
2008-09-25 17:11:51 UTC
I suffered all the way through it <<<<<<<<<
Not a Sabbath fan eh? LOL.
Thanks Harpman, I'll work on it.

SotR
Harpman
2008-09-25 18:11:31 UTC
Post by SotR
I suffered all the way through it <<<<<<<<<
Not a Sabbath fan eh? LOL.
Thanks Harpman, I'll work on it.
SotR
At the age of 67,I doubt it. A true old fashion blues musicians. Allen