Harp preference ??
John Agosta
2009-07-06 22:16:03 UTC
Started out on Honer 'blues harp' in the last Ice Age.
Eventually settled in to Honer's Golden Melody, which I still like.

However, it is the "Special 20" for me. Has been for many years.
I like it's sound, and I love the way it plays and feels.

The question for y'all is this:

What harp would you suggest trying that plays and feels similar to the
Special 20?
I'm tired of the reliabilty problem I experience with the Special 20.
I am constantly blowing out reeds, and am tired of replacing them.
Maybe due to my style of play - I don't know.

So, I'm looking for something more 'reliable,'
but I want that same "feel' and something close to the same sound.

Don't suggest the Honer "Pro Harp.'
I hate them. Don't like 'em at all.

What alternative do you suggest other than what I'm thinking -
replacing my 20's with Goldens once again, which feel the same to me
in terms of 'breathe-a-bility,' and close sound-wise ??

-lock
Harpman
2009-07-06 23:48:07 UTC
Post by John Agosta
[...]
John, There is a site on the computer, which I will have to search for,
where a musician evaluates, reviews, and compares just about every
diatonic harp made. If I can find it I will let you know. Allen
Zoran