Newbie (key question)
SotR
2008-09-17 23:58:53 UTC
What key of harmonica do I need to play with a guitar song in E?
"Roadhouse Blues" by the Doors is what I am trying to play. Do I
especially or specifically need a "blues" harp for playing blues?
Also, is there a site you can point me to that has a list of key to key
conversions (right word?)

Thanks

SotR
Harpman
2008-09-18 00:02:42 UTC
Post by SotR
What key of harmonica do I need to play with a guitar song in E?
"Roadhouse Blues" by the Doors is what I am trying to play. Do I
especially or specifically need a "blues" harp for playing blues?
Also, is there a site you can point me to that has a list of key to key
conversions (right word?)
Thanks
SotR
Roadhouse Blues is a blues song,I assume, so you need a
harmonica(diatonic) in the key of A.
SotR
2008-09-18 00:09:54 UTC
Hi Harpman
Thanks for the info. If you are not familiar with the song here is a YouTube
link to the original studio recording. Lots of harmonica.

SotR

Harpman
2008-09-18 00:35:34 UTC
Post by SotR
Hi Harpman
Thanks for the info. If you are not familiar with the song here is a YouTube
link to the original studio recording. Lots of harmonica.
SotR
http://youtu.be/fyeaWiRZS4I
It's a blues song and you need a harmonica in the key of A. If you want
to see what I look like(an old geezer0 and hear some songs go to
http://www.reverbnation.com/frontporchblues Allen
SotR
2008-09-18 22:37:09 UTC
Got the A harp (Lee Oskar). Was jamming with Roadhouse blues right off the
bat.
Thanks so much Harpman. Gonna be playing it at rehearsal Sunday, can't wait.

SotR
Harpman