Baby please don't go
Tim Finnegan
2008-03-08 21:03:18 UTC
Hi all

Does anyone have a tab for 'Baby please don't go'? Any version will do.

Thanks

Tim
salmon
2008-03-10 21:47:57 UTC
key of G, third position-F

moderately slow blues

`-7 -5 6 -4 -4

Baby, please don't go.

-6 -5 6 -4 -3''

Baby, please don't go.

-6 -5 6 -4 -4 -4 -3" 4 -3" 4 -3" -2 -2"
-2 -2" -1

Baby, please don't go down to New Orleans 'cause I love you so

-4 -5 -4 6 -4 -4

Before I be your dog,

-4 -5 -4 6 -4 -3''

Before I be your dog,

-5 -6 -5 6 -4 -4 -4 -4 -3" 4 3' 4 -3" -2 -2"
-2 -2" -1

Before I be your dog, I get you way down here, I may be wrong no more.

Oh, turn your lamp down low

Oh, turn your lamp down low,

Oh, turn your lamp down low, I beg you all night long. baby, please
don't go.

You know your man done gone,

You know your man done gone,

You know your man done gone the county line, before the sherriff come.

-4 -5 -4 6 -4 -4

They got me way down here.

-4 -5 -4 6 -4 -3"

They got me way down here,

-5 -6 -5 6 -4 -4 -4 -3" 4 -3' 4 -3" -2
-2" -2" -1

They got me way down here, by the rolling fog, treat me like a dog.

-7 -5 6 -4 -4

Baby, please don't go.

-6 -5 6 -4 -3''

Baby, please don't go.
Butcherknife
2008-03-11 14:03:13 UTC
Post by salmon
key of G, third position-F
if you are using a G harmonica and playing in third position
it would be in the key of A not F.

the tune plays best in second position starting on 3-4 draw
sliding down to 2 draw.
Lop some Boogie
Tim Finnegan

Lop some Boogie
salmon
2008-03-11 19:45:42 UTC
There are loads of Blues Tabs on this site if anyone is interested.
http://www.modempool.com/dking/blues%20harp%20tabs/index.htm
JOB
2008-03-11 22:14:58 UTC
Hi salmon - great link, thanxx! - JOB
Robert Reynolds
2008-03-11 23:21:20 UTC
Post by Butcherknife
Post by salmon
key of G, third position-F
if you are using a G harmonica and playing in third position
it would be in the key of A not F.
I think he meant the song is in the key of G, which is third position on
an F harp. That's what you get for being vague.
Butcherknife
2008-03-12 01:18:46 UTC
Post by Robert Reynolds
Post by Butcherknife
Post by salmon
key of G, third position-F
if you are using a G harmonica and playing in third position
it would be in the key of A not F.
I think he meant the song is in the key of G, which is third position on
an F harp. That's what you get for being vague.
ok gotcha but i still think the song lays out better
on the harmonica in 2nd position.

but of course everybody has their on way of doing things.
Lop some Boogie
Elmo' 7#9
2008-03-12 11:22:02 UTC
Post by Butcherknife
but of course everybody has their on way of doing things.
Baby Do Don't Go
<faintly blows wrong note>

Baby Do Don't Go
<drops harp, deftly picks up another>

Baby Do Don't Go
<new harp is b5 away from the right one>

Baby Do Don't Go
<falls off seat, chasing a joint passed in front of him>

PhhhhhhhFfffffffffffffffffffffffft
<exhales, has forgotten about the song completely,
audience is relieved>
Robert Reynolds
2008-03-12 19:29:05 UTC
I always played it in 2nd position when I used to play in a band. I
thought it sounded pretty good, but I never tried it in 3rd.