anybody know something about Ibanez ValBee
Zoran
2009-03-10 22:27:26 UTC
and give to me some advice about tube, maybe must change some of them in amp
for better harp sound. Thanks

I hope this news group will survive, give this news group a chance to live.
T-Bone Bruce
2009-03-13 21:05:45 UTC
Post by Zoran
and give to me some advice about tube, maybe must change some of them in amp
for better harp sound. Thanks
I hope this news group will survive, give this news group a chance to live.
Hi Zoran. I'm afraid I don't hold out much chance for the group,
there's so few of us old timers left here, I can't remember when I
last posted. I miss the glory days. We didn't always agree but it was
mostly fun... I learned a lot and got encouragement.
Anyway about the Valbee, I seem to recall the ads for it saying about
it being high gain, and having good distortion sounds for guitar.
That means way too much gain for a harp amp, so my first choice would
be to sub out that 12AX7/ECC83 preamp tube for a 12AY7....even then
it may be too much.
Hope you and your family are well, Zoran and that CM element is doing
well in your mic....
Regards,
Bruce
Zoran
2009-03-14 23:18:59 UTC
Tanks T-Bone, all is well enough in this hard years, but I tried this amp a
bit with Ibanez delay and some bluesoverdrive, was pretty cool sound. I'll
doing something with preamp tube, maybe would be bether. Thanks for the
answer. Yeah, so shame for this good news group, everybody split, gone, out
of , why? Who knows, they find another dimension, face book, my space, some
forum, I missed too this pretty group. I hope you doing well. Keep on harpin
bro.
Bruce
Eric Stahl
2009-03-15 03:50:24 UTC
Post by T-Bone Bruce
Post by Zoran
[...]
Hi Zoran,

All I know is that tubes in an amp are a good thing ;-)

-Eric
Zoran
-Eric
Harpman
2009-03-15 17:42:39 UTC
Post by T-Bone Bruce
Post by Zoran
[...]
Great to see some familiar names!Where did everyone go?We talked
about(some argued) harmonica brands. performers, amps, mics.,answered
lots of newbee questions, and overall I had a blast. I still look
everyday to see who is on and what's been said. Very quiet lately. I
have tried to start some discussions over the years,and thanks to those
who continued with it. Adam and the old timers made this site a total
blast. They were the people who gave us the fun, spunk, education and
knowledge to make us all feel good. Where are all of you? I know most of
the old timers still look at this newsgroup occasionally so lets all
jump in .Anyone try any new harps these days?Any one get a new amp they
think is the "Best"? What's new with harp microphones?. Anyone buy a
quality mic that won't take away the last dollar most of us have
left!Who are you all listening to these days. I have not listened to
very many cds myself,even though I have over 100 blues cds. Practice
every Tues. with my guitarist/vocalist for 2 hrs. and spend most of my
time trying to get gigs by taking demo cds to wineries,
bars,restaurants,etc.. This is what happens when one retires early in
life. Anyway, it's always nice to see a familiar name and I strongly
believe i learned an awful lot from all of you over the years. Thanks
everyone and hopefully we can get a crowd cheering in here again.If any
of you live in Calif. especially Norther ca., SPAH will be in Sacramento
in August. If you do not know about SPAH,go to spah.org. I have
belonged since I first started the harp 11-12 yrs. ago, have been to 2
conventions in St. Louis,MO. and can't wait to go to Sacramento. I am a
2 hr. drive from there and my harp instructor of years ago lives 15 min.
from the convention and offered me his house to stay at.If you can go,
do not miss it. 5 days of nonstop harmonica,of every genre, and great
night concerts and terrific classes by the wordl's best harp players.
Keep writing. Allen
Zoran
You are full of energy, It's cool. Regard, Zoran
I***@googlemail.com
2009-03-19 09:49:10 UTC
Post by Harpman
[...]
Keep writing.  Allen- Hide quoted text -
Yeah I don't post often but recall the good times :) At least I'm
still out there blowin' occasionally - most of the time I play the
guitar these days but I try to play harp as much as I can!

Anyone else noticed how harps are going up in price? There's been a
huge increase in the price of Lee Oscars recently in the UK - they're
going to be going up to around 30 pounds a pop, all because of
increased materials cost and the weak pound :( Has the same happened
in ths US or are all your harps US made?
Zoran
2009-03-19 20:14:36 UTC
<***@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:936ec0ce-3088-426e-865f-***@n30g2000vba.googlegroups.com...
Yeah I don't post often but recall the good times :) At least I'm
still out there blowin' occasionally - most of the time I play the
guitar these days but I try to play harp as much as I can!

Anyone else noticed how harps are going up in price? There's been a
huge increase in the price of Lee Oscars recently in the UK - they're
going to be going up to around 30 pounds a pop, all because of
increased materials cost and the weak pound :( Has the same happened
in ths US or are all your harps US made?

Hi Ian. I'm from Croatia, former Yugoslav republic, but Ok, doesn't metter.
Harp, here in Zagreb (Croatia) was the same price like before, maybe, but
just maybe grow about 5%, around 20EUR, or 22 or 25$ per harp. This is the
long term prices.

Well, about Lee Oskar, don't like, not good response (IMHO), but Tombo harp
is beautiful, only Tombo.

After all my harp try (every Hohner, Lee Oskar, Tombo, Suzuki, Hering,
Huang, Seydel) I've found Hohner Special 20, Hohner JJ Milteau, Tombo Folk
and here and there Suzuki Bluesmasterare the best for the prices, especially
Hohner Special 20. Some good crystal element mic and that's it.

My english isn't so good, sory bout that. Regards Zoran
John Agosta
2009-03-18 17:37:06 UTC
Hello Zoran !

Hope life is treating you well.

The warmer weather is starting to come to Chicago.
You know what that means, I'll be getting in some miles on the bike....

Here is an interesting link about tubes:

http://thetubestore.com/gainfactor.html

Keep harping !

-john
Zoran