Chromatic scale - fill in the blanks
t***@yahoo.com
2008-05-14 14:01:15 UTC
I have been practicing a sort of chromatic scale on my diatonic C
Hohner Pro Harp, but there are some notes are missing. I have heard
people play them but I just don't get what they are doing. Please
fill in the blanks:

c blow 1
c# draw bend 1
d draw 1
d# ____
e blow 2
f draw double bend 2
f# draw 2
g blow 3
g# ____
a draw double bend 3
a# draw bend 3
b draw 3
c blow 4
c# draw bend 4
d draw 4
d# ____
e blow 5
f draw 5
f# ____
g blow 6
g# draw bend 7
a draw 7
a# ____
b draw 7
c blow 8
c# ____
d draw 8
d# blow bend 8
e blow 8
f draw 9
f# blow bend 9
g blow 9
g# ____
a draw 10
a# ____
b _____
c blow 10

Thanks.
2008-05-14 17:10:34 UTC
Post by t***@yahoo.com
I have been practicing a sort of chromatic scale on my diatonic C
Hohner Pro Harp, but there are some notes are missing. I have heard
people play them but I just don't get what they are doing. Please
c blow 1
8<
c blow 10
Thanks.
See http://www.overblow.com for the techniques (overbends, doubledraws,
crossed eyeballs, harmonica setup).

For an overview of notes à la what you request:
- Download this file: http://www.overblow.com/harmonica.zip
- Unzip it somewhere convenient.
- Open the unpacked default.html in your favorite webbrowser

Alternatively, you could buy a chromatic harmonica :)

Good luck!
Milwaukee Slim
2008-05-16 10:40:33 UTC
You missed a few bends hole 3 has three 1/2 step bends and hole 10 has two
the rest are overblows and overbends. check out Howard Levy's web site or
overblow.com to see how.
Howard is the best at doing it.

1st octave d# is one hole over blow
G# is 3 hole 1/2 step bend ther are three bens available here
D# second octave is a 4 hole overblow
F# 5hole overblow
you had A wrong it is 6 draw
A# is 6 over blow
you have it a little messed up at hole 6 and 7 you also missed the blow
bends on hole 10
here is a chart OB stand for overblow and OD stavds for overbend

OB Eb3b Ab6b C1 Eb3b Gb5b Bb7b 7 8 9 10 Hole
Draw: D2 G5 B7 D2 F4 A6 B7 D2 F4 A6 Draw
' Db2b Gb5b Bb7b Db2b Ab6b

'' F4 A6 Bb7b ''

''' Ab6b Eb3b Gb5b B7 '

Blow C1 E3 G5 C1 E3 G5 C1 E3 G5 C1 Blow