JRNB on Tour
Mikel Lee
2008-02-16 16:35:03 UTC
Anyone catch Jason Ricci and New Blood out on tour. You know when you
see someone and they're the best of the best? Yeah, well anyway, if
you've heard him but haven't seen him...then do yourself a favor and
go see him if he comes to a town near you. A M A Z I N G! Really!
Harpman
2008-02-16 18:30:13 UTC
Post by Mikel Lee
Anyone catch Jason Ricci and New Blood out on tour. You know when you
see someone and they're the best of the best? Yeah, well anyway, if
you've heard him but haven't seen him...then do yourself a favor and
go see him if he comes to a town near you. A M A Z I N G! Really!
Several years ago in Denver, Co,. I attended the SPAH convention. The
first night about 20 blues players sat in a circle , which was led by
the most famous blues harp player in Hawwaii. Last name is Lee. He
played guitar and asked everyone to take a turn at some licks while he
sang and played. All of a sudden this harp player in the circle starts
playing like you never could believe was possible.It was Jason Ricci.
Needles to say, at one of the many dinner shows at the convention Jason
was the star in the blues concerts.Allen
milwaukee slim
2008-02-17 20:24:03 UTC
The kid has some energy. He is originally from the area I am living
in now. I play with some guys he use to as a kid. His bass player at
the time I saw him (Slim Lewis) was a bass player in a high school
band I use to see in Milwaukee, small world. He let me sit in for a
few and we were trading licks for a while until he let it rip and then
there is no catching up. His guitar player Shawn Starsky is
fantastic. A show well worth seeing