Designing the Ultimate Harmonica.
salmon
2008-04-11 17:12:34 UTC
What features would you want in your ideal Harmonica?

Example.

I'd like:

The size, weight and coverplates of the Suzuki ProMaster.
The smoothness of a plastic comb.
The loudness of a Suzuki Bluesmaster/ Delta Frost.
Fatigue resistant reedplates.

The Suzuki ProMaster nearly ticks all the boxes and I find it a very
good harp but having said that there is still room for improvement.
For example the engineering tolerances could be tighter to make it an
even more precisely engineered instrument. Maybe it's just me? I am a
bit of a perfectionist.
Keith Adams
2008-04-11 18:38:06 UTC
Gap the reeds and the tolerances are there. Dont rely on the builder to do
what you should know as a harp player. With a reed gap those babies are as
tight as the skin on Gloria Swansons face.