Suzuki Bluesmaster
Harpman
2007-11-23 22:40:17 UTC
I might have asked before, but at my age I can't remember what I had for
breakfast today, so-if any of you have the Suzuki Bluesmaster,what's
your opinion of It?
Zoran
2007-11-24 06:58:21 UTC
Great response, easy to play, feeling good, for prices more than good harp.
opinion of It?
RPM1
2007-11-24 12:46:00 UTC
Post by Harpman
I might have asked before, but at my age I can't remember what I had for
breakfast today, so-if any of you have the Suzuki Bluesmaster,what's your
opinion of It?
Excellent harps, not as good as the Promaster, but great harp for the price.

Patrick
Robert Reynolds
2007-11-24 16:04:00 UTC
Post by Harpman
I might have asked before, but at my age I can't remember what I had for
breakfast today, so-if any of you have the Suzuki Bluesmaster,what's
your opinion of It?
I tried one, and it was as good as anything else. But I didn't like the
way the reed plates stuck out in front, and it has sharp corners and
angles. I found it very uncomfortable compared to a Special 20 or Bushman.
Harpman
Thanks for the responses on the Suzuki Bluesmaster. Allen
Zoran
2007-11-24 18:42:36 UTC
You welcome;))
Chromatonic
2007-11-25 06:00:04 UTC
I find them very comfortable in hand & in the mouth with their plastic
comb that completely surrounds the reed plates and their full cover-
plate. They look as though they'd have a dark sound like a Hohner
Golden Melody with those covers, but they don't. In fact, with their
12TET tuning, they sound more like a Lee Oscar to me, and I find the
reeds to be a bit stiff, and gapping a little uneven. They're also
almost as sensitive to spit as a Golden Melody (I'm a wet player).
Finally, they're not as air-tight as you'd expect from a harmonica
with this type of comb.

I have two that I've even had re-tuned to Just Intonation & they still
don't play near as well as any of my Hohner HMs.

The Pure Harp, Fire Breath and even Promasters are more responsive and
airtight. In fact, I like the Pure Harp (once I got used to the goofy -
and sticky- wood cover-plates). But of course, nothin' beats a
Special20, IMO.
Robert Reynolds
2007-11-25 06:23:56 UTC
Post by Chromatonic
I find them very comfortable in hand & in the mouth with their plastic
comb that completely surrounds the reed plates
Did they redesign this harp, or am I thinking of a different harp with
reedplates that stick out in front?
RPM1
2007-11-25 13:56:25 UTC
Post by Robert Reynolds
Post by Chromatonic
I find them very comfortable in hand & in the mouth with their plastic
comb that completely surrounds the reed plates
Did they redesign this harp, or am I thinking of a different harp with
reedplates that stick out in front?
The reed plates do not stick out on a Suzuki Bluesmaster. In fact the reed
plates are not even visible. On the Suzuki Promaster the reed plates stick
out, (similar to a Hohner Marine band). The Promaster has an aluminum comb.
The Bluesmaster has a plastic comb. Both harps have covers that go all the
way to the end of the harp, (as opposed to the cover flattening out near the
1 hole and the ten hole).

Patrick
Robert Reynolds
2007-11-25 17:52:56 UTC
Post by RPM1
Post by Robert Reynolds
Post by Chromatonic
I find them very comfortable in hand & in the mouth with their plastic
comb that completely surrounds the reed plates
Did they redesign this harp, or am I thinking of a different harp with
reedplates that stick out in front?
The reed plates do not stick out on a Suzuki Bluesmaster. In fact the
reed plates are not even visible. On the Suzuki Promaster the reed
plates stick out, (similar to a Hohner Marine band). The Promaster has
an aluminum comb. The Bluesmaster has a plastic comb. Both harps have
covers that go all the way to the end of the harp, (as opposed to the
cover flattening out near the 1 hole and the ten hole).
Patrick
OK, I remember now. The harmonica I was thinking of is the Folkmaster.
It's the one with sharp angles and protruding reed plates. I had
forgotten because this was the harp that I kept in the car that got
stolen last January, so I haven't seen it in a while.

I don't know anything about the Bluesmaster. I hope Allen sees this.
Zoran
2007-11-25 19:00:54 UTC
Robert, forget Suzuki FolkMaster, try TOMBO HARMONICA FolkBlues, pretty
looks like FolkMaster, but Tombo is 100 times better for the prices. Tombo
FolkBlues is really good harp.
Post by Robert Reynolds
Harpman
2007-11-26 06:15:32 UTC
Post by Robert Reynolds
Post by RPM1
Post by Robert Reynolds
Post by Chromatonic
[...]
I asked Pat Missin about the Suzuki Bluesmaster and he said if I liked
the Bushman Delta Frost, which are my favorite harps, I would like the
Bluesmaster. Thanks. Allen
Mukluk
2007-11-28 05:48:00 UTC
Post by Harpman
Post by Robert Reynolds
Post by RPM1
Post by Robert Reynolds
Post by Chromatonic
[...]
Bluesmaster. Thanks. Allen- Hide quoted text -
Hi Allen, If you like the Delta Frost harps, I think the Suzuki
copycat for it isthe Harpmaster.

http://www.harmonicasandstuff.com/suzuki-diatonic/suzuki-harpmaster-harmonica-mr-200.html

Looks alike to me. I haven't had a chance tp play either one yet, but
I know the Harpmaster has gotten great reviews and cost a lot less.
Also no availability probs either.

Keith Adams
2007-11-27 03:16:59 UTC
The Bluesmaster is a fine harp.
I like Folkmasters to. I've never seen one with the reed plates sticking
out if the covers were screwed down on it correctly. Hey Zoran. I think the
Folkmasters sold in the U.S. may be different from those in Europe? The
last one I bought was $10. Pretty cheap for a good harp.
Any diatonic harp can be made air tight and responsive by simply gapping the
reeds and tightening the reed plate screws to where they should be
opinion of It?
Zoran
2007-11-27 23:00:05 UTC
All kind of harmonicas can buy in europa, Suzuki too, but I like to buy in
America, don't know why, feel better. In GB is very expensive, not cheap, in
Poland too, but Suzuki is from Japan, that's normal prices here. Only one in
America have really good prices Coast2Coast music, but there can't buy my
best harp, TOMBO HARMONIKA FolkBlues, this harp looks like Suzuki
FolkMaster, but Tombo FolkBlues have better finish. I have one Folk Master
Suzuki, but prefer Suzuki BluesMaster. Jap's harp is good harp, I believe in
this factory Tombo and Suzuki, but don't like Lee Oskar, not bad harp, but
not feet to my great arms, or fist, sory of bead english.
Like Suzuki, got one Huang, good harp, but harp which I plays mostly is
Special20.
Keith, I hope you and your beloved and your beautiful guitar are far from
the fire.