HELP needed with a JT-30 cable question
Terry
2008-04-29 16:32:56 UTC
I just bought a JT-30 of the internet.
It will need a cable.
To make sure I don't effect the sound, I want to make sure I get the
correct type of cabling.
The connection on the mic is the center contact type.

I'm waiting for a coverter I bought to come in that let's me use a
standard guitar cable.

Is this okay?

Thanks,
Terry in Texas
Keith Adams
2008-04-30 03:52:27 UTC
It will work fine but you will have a bunch of metal hanging below your
mic..
I believe that I'd stick with the regular 3 conductor XLR cord.
Terry in Texas
RawFoodGuy
2008-04-30 13:12:39 UTC
Post by Terry
I just bought a JT-30 of the internet.
It will need a cable.
To make sure I don't effect the sound, I want to make sure I get the
correct type of cabling.
The connection on the mic is the center contact type.
I'm waiting for a coverter I bought to come in that let's me use a
standard guitar cable.
Is this okay?
Thanks,
Terry in Texas
The JT-30 doesn't use XLR cables (unless it is a Blues Blaster, which
has a unique version of the XLT wiring). However, instead of an
adapter, you can purchase a vintage-style cable with a screw on
Switchcraft connector that connects directly to the JT30's Switchcraft
connector. I assume it is an original JT30 with a switchcraft type
screw-on connector.. Here is one on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Horizon-25ft-Screw-On-to-1-4-Male-Plug-Harp-Mic-Cable_W0QQitemZ220226642466QQihZ012QQcategoryZ29947QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

If you don't mind the metal hanging down, an adapter and a quality
guitar cable will work fine and gives you more options. I have both
myself.

- Robert
www.RawFoodLife.com