Harp Depot is DISCONTINUING all Bushman Products
Jaybird
2009-02-09 01:08:23 UTC
Harp Depot is DISCONTINUING all Bushman Products

I just noticed this on the Harp Depot home page.....

"The harmonicas and ukuleles listed below are Bushman products. We are
selling them on a close-out sale because we are discontinuing carrying
Bushman products. Over the years we have been in business, 98% of all
of our customer complaints have involved Bushman products. Even when
we pay for Bushman products in advance, we still do not receive them
as promised. Should Bushman's situation ever change, we would be
willing to reconsider. Meanwhile, this is your opportunity to purchase
Bushman products at great close-out discounts."

Well it's about time! There have been so many complaints about the
Bushman harmonica company regarding their practice of taking orders
(and money) from retail cutomers without shipping. Now it has spread
to the Bushman re-sellers. Here it is in black and white, right on the
Harp Depot home page...

"Even when we pay for Bushman products in advance, we still do not
receive them as promised."

I am sure there are people reading this who had similar delivery
problems with Bushman. You place and PAY for your order, and wait
endlessly for the shipment to arrive. You are put off or IGNORED when
you inquire. Some people may relate their experiences here. For every
one who does, there are probably 5-10 more in a similar boat who do
not.

Check these recent threads...

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.music.harmonica/browse_thread/thread/d188490a73154ce5?hl=en#

http://groups.google.com/group/harp-l/browse_thread/thread/f9aa711c66366ccc

http://www.deltafrost.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5147&PN=2

Yet Bushman continues to take new orders and hold customer's money.
They put you and others off for as long as possible. What happens if
they go out of business in the meantime? Do you think you will get
your money back? I doubt it. And with the American economy in the
shape it's in and people holding back on spending as they are, do you
think people are rushing out to buy harmonicas? Bushman is obviously
in financial trouble. Why take a chance and let them hold and use your
money for months on end? You could get "burned".

Imagine this. A company takes loads of orders with credit cards to
finance the purchase of inventory they do not have. They put off the
customers until the inventory arrives and then after advertising and
other expenses hopefully a profit is realized. Any shortfall is made
up by screwing some customers and suppliers. If that isn't enough,
another round of order taking without shipping proceeds. Almost sounds
like a Ponzi scheme! Don't laugh. This is how many small struggling
businesses finance themselves. They dont have a "line of credit" at
the bank. YOU are their line of credit. It's a "dog eat dog" world out
there now with the american economy going down the drain and this is
how some companies try to survive.

My conclusion.....

Avoid the Bushman company entirely. Their "Delta Frost" harmonica is
nothing more than the Suzuki Bluesmaster with the inferior Bushman
covers. The Bluesmaster is the SAME as Delta Frost, but more
comfortable to play, cheaper, and AVAILABLE from numerous harmonica
dealers.
Harpman
2009-02-09 16:51:48 UTC
Post by Jaybird
[...]
I bought a set of Suzuki Bluesmasters for almost exact reasons listed
here:sounds comparable and cheaper. Use them almost exclusively for my
gigs. Allen
Randy G. Blues
2009-02-10 05:03:54 UTC
Post by Harpman
Post by Jaybird
Harp Depot is DISCONTINUING all Bushman Products
I just noticed this on the Harp Depot home page.....
"The harmonicas and ukuleles listed below are Bushman products. We are
selling them on a close-out sale because we are discontinuing carrying
Bushman products......[snip]..
I bought a set of Suzuki Bluesmasters for almost exact reasons listed
here:sounds comparable and cheaper. Use them almost exclusively for my
gigs. Allen
I played Bushman DFs for over a year, dare I say, exclusively. When I
was forced to look elsewhere for harps from a supplier I could depend
on, one of the harps I tested was a Suzuki Bluesmaster. While they are
a good harp, they do not come set up as well as the Bushman harps I
had. They also have brass reeds and so sound different from the DFs
which have phosphor bronze reeds. Whether that matters to you, or
whether or not you can tell the difference, you have to decide. But in
that price range, the Bluesmaster is a nice harp to play, and they are
readily available from numerous sources.

Interestingly enough, that message posted at the top of this thread
from Harp Depot in regards to their dealings with Bushman is no longer
on their homepage. But the Bushman harps are still on sale pricing,
albeit with a limited number of keys available, but no mention of them
being discontinued on their site.

It's all very sad, IMO. The DF harps are excellent for the money
except for the "A" harp the they have been having quality control
issues with for over a year now in my experience. But it does no good
if the supply is sketchy. You can list their price at $4.95, but if
there is no supply it really doesn't matter. If you play in a group,
and have others depending on you, you need a dependable supply of
harps, and that is what led me to find a replacement, which I did...

Randy G. Blues
www.MySpace.com/PhatBoyzBlue
Play to Live - Live to Play