New Tune
John Agosta
2009-10-06 23:37:22 UTC
This is my second attempt at posting this, I dunno why things don't work
the first time.....

New tune to hear at

www.box.net/lockjaw

"Mikey Forsaken"

Hope y'all like it !

-ja
Harpman
2009-10-08 03:26:26 UTC
Post by John Agosta
This is my second attempt at posting this, I dunno why things don't work
the first time.....
New tune to hear at
www.box.net/lockjaw
"Mikey Forsaken"
Hope y'all like it !
-ja
John, I got it on the first one you posted. Sounded like you were really
holding back. Are you playing with a cd or what? Allen
John Agosta
2009-10-08 16:01:56 UTC
Post by Harpman
Post by John Agosta
This is my second attempt at posting this, I dunno why things don't work
the first time.....
New tune to hear at
www.box.net/lockjaw
"Mikey Forsaken"
Hope y'all like it !
-ja
John, I got it on the first one you posted. Sounded like you were really
holding back. Are you playing with a cd or what? Allen
Was playing with a few friends. Wasn't holding back - the tune really isn't
a 'harp' tune,
so that's why it wasn't front and center....

I think it's a pleasant number. It was fun trying something different!

-ja
Harpman
Let me know when you have another one up. Thanks. Allen
John Agosta
2009-10-08 22:16:16 UTC
Post by Harpman
Post by John Agosta
Post by Harpman
Post by John Agosta
This is my second attempt at posting this, I dunno why things don't work
the first time.....
New tune to hear at
www.box.net/lockjaw
"Mikey Forsaken"
Hope y'all like it !
-ja
John, I got it on the first one you posted. Sounded like you were really
holding back. Are you playing with a cd or what? Allen
Was playing with a few friends. Wasn't holding back - the tune really
isn't a 'harp' tune,
so that's why it wasn't front and center....
I think it's a pleasant number. It was fun trying something different!
-ja
Let me know when you have another one up. Thanks. Allen
There's another one at same URL. "lockjaw blues" over-driven with a
broken harp, but what the heck anyway.....
Harpman
2009-10-08 23:47:15 UTC
Post by John Agosta
Post by Harpman
Post by John Agosta
Post by Harpman
Post by John Agosta
This is my second attempt at posting this, I dunno why things don't work
the first time.....
New tune to hear at
www.box.net/lockjaw
"Mikey Forsaken"
Hope y'all like it !
-ja
John, I got it on the first one you posted. Sounded like you were really
holding back. Are you playing with a cd or what? Allen
Was playing with a few friends. Wasn't holding back - the tune really
isn't a 'harp' tune,
so that's why it wasn't front and center....
I think it's a pleasant number. It was fun trying something different!
-ja
Let me know when you have another one up. Thanks. Allen
There's another one at same URL. "lockjaw blues" over-driven with a
broken harp, but what the heck anyway.....
John, Only one word to describe your harp playing on
Lockjaw---FANTASTIC!! Anyone looking here, make sure you hear John's
Lockjaw Blues. John, Do you improvise on the fly so to speak, or figure
out your part after listening to the band first? Curious as to your
approach. Thanks, and again, simply a suburb job. Allen
John Agosta
2009-10-08 23:56:54 UTC
Post by John Agosta
Post by Harpman
Post by John Agosta
Post by Harpman
Post by John Agosta
[...]
Thanks for the kind words, friend.

Just play by ear, on the fly, that's about it.

That tune was very fustrating, due to a couple holes that didn't work,
so just tried to work around them. What's going on with these Special 20's
?
In the last 6-9 months, I have been having a real problem with holes going
dead on me ??

-ja
Harpman
2009-10-09 14:57:42 UTC
Post by John Agosta
Post by John Agosta
Post by Harpman
Post by John Agosta
Post by Harpman
Post by John Agosta
[...]
John, I have lots of Special 20s but as of at least 1-2 yrs ago switched
to Suzuki Bluesmasters. The Special 20s really last a long time but I
think if you blow real hard, eventually they go bad. Have you opened
them up to see what could be the trouble? Allen
Mukluk
2009-10-12 22:56:48 UTC
Post by John Agosta
This is my second attempt at posting this, I dunno why things don't work
the first time.....
New tune to hear at
www.box.net/lockjaw
"Mikey Forsaken"
Hope y'all like it !
-ja
Hey guys, long time no see. Good to see your still around. NIce tune
John! I think the song sounded better 'cause you didn't overplay, good
job!! Here's a link to a few video clips from a theatre show my band
did more'n a year ago now. Later and Bcool!

http://www.vimeo.com/6732499
John Agosta
2009-10-12 23:23:20 UTC
Post by John Agosta
This is my second attempt at posting this, I dunno why things don't work
the first time.....
New tune to hear at
www.box.net/lockjaw
"Mikey Forsaken"
Hope y'all like it !
-ja
Hey guys, long time no see. Good to see your still around. NIce tune
John! I think the song sounded better 'cause you didn't overplay, good
job!! Here's a link to a few video clips from a theatre show my band
did more'n a year ago now. Later and Bcool!

http://www.vimeo.com/6732499

I enjoyed the vids !
Nothing like going and getting the cob webs out .....

Let's continue, all, to post our stuff !

Zoran - where are you ?