Suzuki Bluesmaster vs Hohner Special20
bolo
2008-09-28 18:09:29 UTC
I have both of them.
I think that Hohner is easier to play because gaps between holes are wider
than on Suzuki.
Any thoughts on this subject?
Harpman
2008-09-28 18:58:11 UTC
Post by bolo
Hi,
I have both of them.
I think that Hohner is easier to play because gaps between holes are wider
than on Suzuki.
Any thoughts on this subject?
I think they are both good harps. The Special 20s are famous for lasting
very long but have a somewhat"brighter" tone. I have both. In the
beginning of 2008 ,I switched from Bushman Delta Frosts to Suzuki
Bluesmasters because the difference in tone was almost negligible and
the Bluesmasters were much cheaper. I used the Bluesmasters almost
exclusively for gigs. Allen
Zoran
2008-10-03 19:31:22 UTC
Post by Harpman
Post by bolo
Hi,
I have both of them.
I think that Hohner is easier to play because gaps between holes are
wider than on Suzuki.
Any thoughts on this subject?
I think they are both good harps. The Special 20s are famous for lasting
very long but have a somewhat"brighter" tone. I have both. In the
beginning of 2008 ,I switched from Bushman Delta Frosts to Suzuki
Bluesmasters because the difference in tone was almost negligible and the
Bluesmasters were much cheaper. I used the Bluesmasters almost exclusively
for gigs. Allen
That is true Alen, I total agree with you, but last few gigs I play Marine
Band natural minor and Suzuki, Suzuki got something good, cheap but veeeery
responsive harp and easy to play. Special 20 is good also, depend of the
mood on gigs, sometimes is good to play Suzuki, sometimes SP20. Other harp,
especialy other Hohner I don't wanna play. But I have some good harp, Tombo
FolkBlues, but not Lee Oskar, Tombo FolkBlues. Try it, will be surprised.

Regards, Zi
Harpman
Hi Zi, Doesn't Tombo make Lee Oskars? Allen
Zoran
2008-10-06 20:56:55 UTC
Post by Harpman
Hi Zi, Doesn't Tombo make Lee Oskars? Allen
Yes, thay does, but not only LeeOskar. Tombo Harpa are the best I try
lately.
Eric Stahl
2008-09-28 20:45:14 UTC
Post by bolo
Hi,
I have both of them.
I think that Hohner is easier to play because gaps between holes are wider
than on Suzuki.
Any thoughts on this subject?
I've played mostly Hohner Marine Bands and Golden Melodies, and still
have a few Special 20's that I used to use as well.

I've recently been using Suzuki BluesMasters in A, C and G - and plan
on buying a Bb and D next. They sound good, and at a lower price than
the Hohner's. BluesMasters seem easier to play than the Marine Bands
and Special 20's and somewhat equivalent to the Golden Melodies in
ease or playing. But then it's always an individual choice.

-Eric
Zoran
-Eric
Eric Stahl
2008-10-03 22:48:56 UTC
Post by Zoran
Hi Eric, my friend, how are you, you become pro, listen to you on HJ. Best
regards to you and your beloved. I hope you have enough time to practice
harp.
Hello Zoran,

Thank you for your kind words. I've been doing more practicing than
recording, and never enough of either.

More and more I learn just how much more I have to learn :-)

Regards,
Eric
Zoran
2008-10-06 20:57:54 UTC
Post by Eric Stahl
More and more I learn just how much more I have to learn :-)
True, Eric, really.