Post some TUNES dang it !!!
John Agosta
2010-08-13 02:47:07 UTC
let's hear something for crying ou loud.....
Zoran
2010-08-13 20:45:56 UTC
I'm the only one who shared some playing, years ago, but I'm not so good on
harp, I like that instrument, but I'm not very talented.
Maybe Silk post something;)))))
Who knows where Silk is now, or bluemozark, or others...
John Agosta
2010-08-14 03:23:51 UTC
Zoran, you're too modest.
I heard your playing at the "boogie" site, and you Kick_A
on that thing!!

If you think you're not very talented,
then you probably thing the rest of us are slouches.....

That's a Brooklyn word - "slouches."

You Da Man, keep playing, and keep in touch.

-lock
Eric Stahl
2010-08-15 22:48:54 UTC
Post by John Agosta
let's hear something for crying ou loud.....
I'll second that. I enjoyed your uploads on www.harmonicaboogie.com

I haven't recorded anything in a while. Maybe I"ll put my last
recorded solo onto box.net - if I can find my login info.

-Eric
Eric Stahl
2010-08-15 23:31:24 UTC
Post by John Agosta
let's hear something for crying ou loud.....
I'll second that. I enjoyed your uploads on www.harmonicaboogie.com
I haven't recorded anything in a while. Maybe I"ll put my last
recorded solo onto box.net - if I can find my login info.
-Eric
box.net seems only to be for me-only, or specified other people.
youtube won't let me upload just an audio file. Tried facebook, but
that allows only video, pictures, links, but not just audio. Not
finding a way to do it.
Eric Stahl
2010-08-21 04:05:52 UTC
Here's a solo that I recorded a few months back...

http://www.box.net/shared/s8yc0o8uyy

-Eric
Eric Stahl
2010-08-22 02:53:31 UTC
Man, it's quiet around here.

Here's one on a FatDog 1A amp and 50+ year-old Philips mic element in
a Turner shell, drawing on an IowaBluesTracks backing track called
East Chicago Blues, in D...

http://www.box.net/shared/xxfxpsq2yk

-Eric
John Agosta
2010-08-24 22:11:04 UTC
Thanks, Eric !!

You have some good chops!
"Puffin" sounded Norton Buffalo like.
And I dig the fat dog tone, too !

Good stuff !

-Lock
-Eric
Eric Stahl
2010-08-25 04:31:43 UTC
Post by Eric Stahl
Man, it's quiet around here.
Here's one on a FatDog 1A amp and 50+ year-old Philips mic element in
a Turner shell, drawing on an IowaBluesTracks backing track called
East Chicago Blues, in D...
http://www.box.net/shared/xxfxpsq2yk
-Eric
Thank you, John.

I've probably seen Norton perform more than any other musician. He
certainly inspired me to play. It was a sad day when he passed on.

-Eric
John Agosta
2010-08-26 01:27:32 UTC
Post by Eric Stahl
Man, it's quiet around here.
Here's one on a FatDog 1A amp and 50+ year-old Philips mic element in
a Turner shell, drawing on an IowaBluesTracks backing track called
East Chicago Blues, in D...
http://www.box.net/shared/xxfxpsq2yk
-Eric
Thank you, John.
I've probably seen Norton perform more than any other musician. He
certainly inspired me to play. It was a sad day when he passed on.
-Eric
I lived in the Bay area for 9 years, 1981-1989 and have seen Noton many
times.
The first time was at a "harmonica summit" in Santa Cruz with James Cotton
and this
young fellow "Little Johnny Chrisley." He was 12 years old and blowed like a
hurricane.

I got a 'harp star' calendar that night and asked Little Johnny to autograph
it for me.
Still have it.

It says, "First autograph, thanks, LJC"

Norton was the "show" that night. Amazing.

I have traveled many miles to see him since, many miles.

His band, The Knock-Outs were incredible.

Your chuggin and Puffin reminded me of his great playing.

Thanks for that sound.
Keep up the good work, buddy ! !

-lock
Zoran
2010-08-28 22:51:18 UTC
Like it Eric, stady, in time, powerfull, great job, after all that year (3
or 4) you become excellent harp player.
-Eric
salmon
2010-08-27 21:14:04 UTC
Post by John Agosta
let's hear something for crying ou loud.....
You want harp? Click this
http://www.youtube.com/user/tookatookatoo#p/u/0/Vac9hDTBKis
E***@1968olympic_white_strat_strung_lefthanded_and_tuned_to_Eb.com
2010-08-27 22:54:00 UTC
Post by John Agosta
let's hear something for crying ou loud
Not your regular blueswailin'...

http://www.myspace.com/elmo7sharp9

Featuring LOTS of harmonica overdubs...

These tracks are my unused Film Music,
for a probably-never-to-be-made Kitchen-Sink drama,
set in a grim (British) Northern town in 1962...

"Petty Cash Fiddle Discovered"

"Ringo Meets Rita Tushingham"

"DudleySuttonWantsToTouchYou"

I enjoy the blues, too, but my band won't let me play Harp...

Elmo' 7#9