Lowest Horner 10 Hole Harmonica
d***@aol.com
2010-05-12 15:18:18 UTC
What is the lowest Horner 10-hole harmonica? I need to know if the E
harmonicas are lower or higher than the G harmonicas? I have a G, D,
A, and C, only. Thanks,

Matt
E***@1968olympic_white_strat_strung_lefthanded_and_tuned_to_Eb.com
2010-05-12 18:51:32 UTC
G is the lowest-pitched 10-hole diatonic and F# is the highest.

E harmonica is higher-pitched than G (It's 2 semitones above your D
harmonica).
Matt
d***@aol.com
2010-05-12 20:39:11 UTC
I have a song in G that I modulated down to the key of E, easier to
sing. There is a section of the song that has a harmonica in it that
plays from the fourth hole to the seventh (all notes). I'm not sure
but I might not like the fact that I have to go higher instead lower
to bring it to the key of E on the harmonica. What kind of harmonica
would I need to get to play E to E an octave below?

Thanks,

Matt
2010-05-14 09:37:37 UTC
Post by d***@aol.com
I have a song in G that I modulated down to the key of E, easier to
sing. There is a section of the song that has a harmonica in it that
plays from the fourth hole to the seventh (all notes). I'm not sure
but I might not like the fact that I have to go higher instead lower
to bring it to the key of E on the harmonica. What kind of harmonica
would I need to get to play E to E an octave below?
Thanks,
Matt
Actually the lowest tuned regular Hohner diatonic isn't the G but the
D-low (see here: http://www.hohner.eu/index.php5?1736 at the end of the
page)

Seydel has diatonic harmonicas tuned lower even. From Low-low F upwards.
See Blues Session Low and Blues Session Superlow on this page:
http://www.seydel1847.de/epages/Seydel.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=3441&Locale=en_GB&Currency=EUR

Else you can always opt for a chromatic (either a low-C or a 16 holer).

Cheers,

d***@aol.com
2010-05-14 14:59:08 UTC
Thanks. This is very helpful. It is good to know that I have an
option. At first, my song sounded a bit odd with the regular E
harmonica. But now I am getting used to it on playback; I'm writing
it on a music software program. I was going to perhaps rewrite the
melody but I like it as is. It is harmonica-driven, that is, it has
bends in it where bends are possible or are usual in harmonica
playing. I tried to make it harmonica savvy in other respects as well.

It's nice to have a normal harmonica on it but it also might be
interesting to score it for a rarer harmonica.

Thanks again,

Matt