OK Heres another one
Tim Finnegan
2008-10-18 01:03:06 UTC
If blues is generally played in 2nd position, what is a good position to get
a country sound?

Tim
Harpman
2008-10-18 04:15:27 UTC
2nd position. Only difference is the beat. Allen
Ralf K. Buschner
2008-10-18 08:43:13 UTC
Post by Harpman
Post by Tim Finnegan
If blues is generally played in 2nd position, what is a good position to
get a country sound?
Tim
2nd position. Only difference is the beat. Allen
And the flattened 7. I retuned some harps for playing c&w stuff, works
great. Just raise the 5 draw and 9 draw a semitone, and that's all.

Seeya,
Ralf
T-Bone Bruce
2008-10-19 07:09:29 UTC
Post by Ralf K. Buschner
Post by Harpman
Post by Tim Finnegan
If blues is generally played in 2nd position, what is a good position to
get a country sound?
Tim
2nd position. Only difference is the beat. Allen
And the flattened 7. I retuned some harps for playing c&w stuff, works
great. Just raise the 5 draw and 9 draw a semitone, and that's all.
Seeya,
Ralf
I was going to suggest the major 7th tuned harps too...
Hey Ralf, nice to see you around!
Ralf K. Buschner
2008-10-25 17:47:08 UTC
Post by T-Bone Bruce
I was going to suggest the major 7th tuned harps too...
Hey Ralf, nice to see you around!
Hey Bruce,

how are ya doin'?

Yes, I'm back - I didn't have much time for a long time, and nothing
happened here, no big discussions and such...

Btw, I uploaded a little clip in Youtube, just search for "dl5mhk", i'm
playing with a piano player and a guitar player, testing a nice little tube
amp. That's a clone of the Fender Tweed Champ, built in China, and this
thing is incredible cheap...about US$ 100, and it sounds killer to me.

Seeya,
Ralf
Harpman
Ralf, Just viewed your youtube . Excellent!Allen
Ralf K. Buschner
2008-11-02 16:34:53 UTC
Hi Allen,
Post by Harpman
Ralf, Just viewed your youtube . Excellent!Allen
naaa, I don't think it's really good, but nevetherless thanks! :-)

That was an evening i didn't find the right balance to the band,
and we played slow blues nearly the whole evening - it didn't really swing.
Some days are better, some are worse...that's life!
But i really like that little tube amp, it's easy to carry, and for 10 watts
it is incredible loud. I had the volume knob only a very little bit opened,
and it was already too much...

Seeya,
Ralf

harpdude
2008-10-18 15:30:14 UTC
Post by Tim Finnegan
If blues is generally played in 2nd position, what is a good position to get
a country sound?
Tim
Here's a link to some dicussion on country tuned harps. I think the
5draw is tuned sharp.

http://www.hunterharp.com/shrp5tun.html

Chuck
http://www.reverbnation.com/harpdude