Are these worth anything?
Steen Jensen
2008-05-03 18:33:54 UTC
As a noob I stumbled upon this HB set
http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_blues_harp_set.htm

A complete set for 35,- EUR (27,45 GBP)

Cheap way to get a complete set...but: Worth the money?
Steen Jensen
2008-05-03 18:36:26 UTC
BTW - it's around 54 USD
BigZ
2008-05-05 12:31:10 UTC
All the same, it's not playable, I have all this toys, right that toys, buy
some good harp, or too and play, forget this toys, you can't do the shit
with it.
BTW - it's around 54 USD
Steen Jensen
2008-05-03 18:47:53 UTC
Post by Steen Jensen
As a noob I stumbled upon this HB set
http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_blues_harp_set.htm
Or how about these:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/hohner_blues_starter_set.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/hering_free_blues_kit_acdefg.htm
Butcherknife
2008-05-03 20:20:05 UTC
Post by Steen Jensen
As a noob I stumbled upon this HB set
http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_blues_harp_set.htm
A complete set for 35,- EUR (27,45 GBP)
Cheap way to get a complete set...but: Worth the money?
yea its a cheap way to get a set and out of the set maybe
if your lucky about half of the set will be playable.
And out of the four that do play the reeds will go flat or break
fairly quickly on two of those harps.

unless you want to learn how too make wind chimes out of harmonicas
forget about a cheap set of harps. your better off buying one good
harmonica the a whole set of cheap ones.
Lop some Boogie
Steen Jensen
2008-05-04 09:22:51 UTC
Post by Butcherknife
Post by Steen Jensen
As a noob I stumbled upon this HB set
http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_blues_harp_set.htm
A complete set for 35,- EUR (27,45 GBP)
Cheap way to get a complete set...but: Worth the money?
yea its a cheap way to get a set and out of the set maybe
if your lucky about half of the set will be playable.
And out of the four that do play the reeds will go flat or break
fairly quickly on two of those harps.
unless you want to learn how too make wind chimes out of harmonicas
forget about a cheap set of harps. your better off buying one good
harmonica the a whole set of cheap ones.
Okay, you saved me from throwing money down the trash.
I have a Hohner Comet:
http://www.harmonyonline.com/hohner-comet-harmonica-p-948.html
but I'm not really sure if that's the best harp to start on, 16 holes (I
thought it was easier to start on a 10-hole thingy).

Any good tips for a good harp to start on?
I play in a rockband, and would like to spice it up a bit with some
bluesy stuff
Butcherknife
2008-05-05 15:16:07 UTC
Post by Steen Jensen
Okay, you saved me from throwing money down the trash.
http://www.harmonyonline.com/hohner-comet-harmonica-p-948.html
but I'm not really sure if that's the best harp to start on, 16 holes (I
thought it was easier to start on a 10-hole thingy).
the comet are good harps but not the best choice for a rock band.
Post by Steen Jensen
Any good tips for a good harp to start on?
Suzuki make good harps I'd recommend the blues master
get one in the key of D and one in the key of A.
Lop some Boogie
Steen Jensen
2008-05-05 18:04:51 UTC
Post by Butcherknife
Suzuki make good harps I'd recommend the blues master
get one in the key of D and one in the key of A.
Know any shops that sell online....and sends to Scandinavia?
Suzuki isn't that easy to get where I live, and I have only found one
place that sells the Suzuki Bluesmaster for 42 USD
Robert Reynolds
2008-05-05 21:28:01 UTC
Post by Steen Jensen
Post by Butcherknife
Suzuki make good harps I'd recommend the blues master
get one in the key of D and one in the key of A.
Know any shops that sell online....and sends to Scandinavia?
Suzuki isn't that easy to get where I live, and I have only found one
place that sells the Suzuki Bluesmaster for 42 USD
If you tell us which brands you can get there, maybe we can tell you our
opinions of each.
Butcherknife
2008-05-06 00:33:37 UTC
Post by Steen Jensen
Post by Butcherknife
Suzuki make good harps I'd recommend the blues master
get one in the key of D and one in the key of A.
Know any shops that sell online....and sends to Scandinavia?
Suzuki isn't that easy to get where I live, and I have only found one
place that sells the Suzuki Bluesmaster for 42 USD
I'm not sure what's available in Scandinavia or who ships there.
but try some medium priced harmonicas just stay away from anything
under 10 bucks.
Lop some Boogie
Steen Jensen
2008-05-06 07:13:43 UTC
Post by Butcherknife
Post by Steen Jensen
Post by Butcherknife
Suzuki make good harps I'd recommend the blues master
get one in the key of D and one in the key of A.
Know any shops that sell online....and sends to Scandinavia?
Suzuki isn't that easy to get where I live, and I have only found one
place that sells the Suzuki Bluesmaster for 42 USD
I'm not sure what's available in Scandinavia or who ships there.
but try some medium priced harmonicas just stay away from anything
under 10 bucks.
Hohner is available everywhere - I just thought it could be fun to get a
Suzuki. Well, Hohner makes good harps too
BigZ
Harpman
2008-05-06 18:06:09 UTC
Post by Steen Jensen
Any good tips for a good harp to start on?
Suzuki make good harps I'd recommend the blues master
get one in the key of D and one in the key of A.
Go to Harmonicas and Stuff on the internet. I bought a 6 pack of
Suzuki Bluesmasters about 6-8 months and it is still $101.95. I think
they are excellent harps and at a very good price.You will have to ask
if they will ship to you. Good luck. Allen