Guide to Harmonica Brands
Ted
2008-05-24 14:53:13 UTC
"In the early days there were many companies that made
harmonicas. Eventually one company, Hohner, emerged as the
primary manufacturer of the instrument and for a period there
was a virtual monopoly in the harmonica market. Today the
harmonica market has exploded and there are many new brands now
being marketed. Are any of them any good? SOME YES!"

Continued: http://easyurl.net/HarmonicaBrands
Harpman
2008-05-24 21:06:12 UTC
Post by Ted
"In the early days there were many companies that made
harmonicas. Eventually one company, Hohner, emerged as the
primary manufacturer of the instrument and for a period there
was a virtual monopoly in the harmonica market. Today the
harmonica market has exploded and there are many new brands now
being marketed. Are any of them any good? SOME YES!"
Continued: http://easyurl.net/HarmonicaBrands
Some other brands of good quality harps: Bushman , Suzuki, Lee Oscar.
What kind of music are you interested in playing? Within each brand are
many different harmonicas and depending on what you want to play will
determine the exact harmonica to chose.You will probably get tons of
Polarhound
2008-07-28 03:06:05 UTC
Post by Harpman
"In the early days there were many companies that made harmonicas.
Eventually one company, Hohner, emerged as the primary manufacturer of
the instrument and for a period there was a virtual monopoly in the
harmonica market. Today the harmonica market has exploded and there
are many new brands now being marketed. Are any of them any good? SOME
YES!"
Continued: http://easyurl.net/HarmonicaBrands
Some other brands of good quality harps: Bushman , Suzuki, Lee Oscar.
What kind of music are you interested in playing? Within each brand are
many different harmonicas and depending on what you want to play will
determine the exact harmonica to chose.You will probably get tons of
I'm just getting started with the harmonica since my now-semi-arthritic
fingers don't seem to care for a fretboard much anymore.

After reading a bunch of review, I went around to several stores...
Nobody had shit for harps. The only one with more than three total was
a Guitar Center 45 minutes from me.. and they didn't have the Lee Oskar
in C that I had decided on.

So instead, I went the safe route and took the only one they DID have in
C, a Hohner Marine Band 1896.

Now comes the endless practice from square one :)