wake up, wake up!!
Harpman
2009-04-19 16:04:23 UTC
Ok, who recently purchased a new mic ,what brand, how expensive, like
it,recommendations, etc. Wake up everyone!!!Allen
Randy G. Blues
2009-04-22 00:15:34 UTC
Post by Harpman
Ok, who recently purchased a new mic ,what brand, how expensive, like
it,recommendations, etc. Wake up everyone!!!Allen
I have been using a Cherub mic by Harpworks in Northern California
about 35 or 40 miles from me. I have played it for about a year or so
now. It consists of a small box that comes in a very nice pouch that
lips to the belt. A wire runs up to the small mic that is a specially
modified lavaliere style in a metal "dogbone" that allows the narrow
center to slip between your fingers placing the element inside your
hand. The portion of the dogbone outside your hand is a bit larger and
has a volume control with a center detent. it is not a tone inducing
mic like so many of the "bluesy" microphones. if you want that tone
you have to produce it. It is very clean in tone, IMO. I use it with a
wireless transmitter worn under my jacket and I run the thin cable
from the mic up my sleeve so the whole rig is virtually invisible
except for a few inches of cable and the end of the mic on the outside
of my hand. it is very easy to use in a full, tight cup, and the
slight movement of one or two fingers gives good wah-wah effect.

Here is the E-Mail I got from Mike when I searched it out on
recommendation of a fellow harp player.
------------
This is the right place. This is Harpworks the manufacturer of the
Cherub harmonica microphone. We are just a couple of musicians who
make microphones on a limited basis. I can send you a flyer by snail
mail..... I am trying to get a flyer that I can e-mail but we have
just moved and that isn't at the top of the list. Perhaps it should
be. By way of a brief description. Our mic is very small it only
weighs about 5 grams. You hold it between your fingers and play your
harp with your hands cupped the way you play when you are not using a
mic at all. The mic itself is connected to a battery pac on your
belt. That in turn has a quarter inch connecter which uses a standard
guitar patch cord to go into your amp or the mixing board on the PA.
The mic itself has a volume control on it so you have control of that
without going back to your amp. You can also go wireless by plugging
into a guitar wireless adapter. It will work great for your mic. We
are in Los Molinos on Hwy 99. If you are in the area you are welcome
to stop by.
----------------------

You can contact them at:
c h e r u b AT the sky beam DOT com
remove all spaces

Randy G. Blues
www.MySpace.com/PhatBoyzBlue
Play to Live - Live to Play
a***@alliance.csc.com
2009-05-07 15:35:50 UTC
The last mic I bought was an Electrovoice Raven. A Sam Ash salesman
convinced me that it was a good sub for a Fireball. It sounded
great. I like the size (My hands are kind of big). It lasted about
95 days (5 days past the warrantee) then stopped working. I'm
currently deciding whether it is worth going through the authorized
service center process. My guess is it will be ultimately cheaper and
easier to find a Fireball to try. Anyone have any thoughts on the
fireball?
Harpman
2009-05-27 04:14:34 UTC
Post by a***@alliance.csc.com
The last mic I bought was an Electrovoice Raven. A Sam Ash salesman
convinced me that it was a good sub for a Fireball. It sounded
great. I like the size (My hands are kind of big). It lasted about
95 days (5 days past the warrantee) then stopped working. I'm
currently deciding whether it is worth going through the authorized
service center process. My guess is it will be ultimately cheaper and
easier to find a Fireball to try. Anyone have any thoughts on the
fireball?
Did you ever get the Fireball?If so, what do you think ? Allen